Monday, October 12, 2009

Connie Britton - The Responsibility Project

I have known Connie since high school, and I am thrilled with her success! She has talent, beauty, and a heart of gold! I recently sat down with her to discuss a very important project she is working on.
It is a documentary about Ethiopian orphans.
How did this come about?
"NBC and Liberty Mutual are doing what they call "the responsibility project". They are having some of the actors on NBC shows make one-minute movies in any style, as long as it has something to do with responsibility."

What is the subject of your movie?
"I decided to use some of my Ethiopia footage for the movie, and, I also visited Watts in L.A. and talked to some foster kids there. We have a good array of experiences."

How are you incorporating this into your one minute?
"It's hard to show a lot in one minute, so I mostly used music and the faces of the kids to try to encourage people to reach out. That's really my message. If we all think outside of ourselves just a little bit, we can help someone. It doesn't have to be overwhelming, or involve a lot of time or money. Just give someone who needs it a little bit of love, attention, help.


How can we learn more about this wonderful project?
"You can go to responsibilityproject.com".

Thank you so much Connie for sharing your passion with us.
Tune in to see Connie's movie - 10/14 during a commercial break of "The Jay Leno Show".

No comments:

Post a Comment