Friday, September 25, 2009

Bomobob ~~ Interview

I found Bob's work on Flickr, and I am so glad I did! He is an award-winning, exhibited photographer. He has been passionate about photography for as long as he can remember, right from the very first 1960s Kodak Brownie around his wrist at Upper Canada Village...
I was so thankful when Bob agreed to an impromptu interview.
How important is lighting and composition?
I'm always looking for that elusive combination of angle and light that just suddenly turns an average scene into something special, where the eye is magically pulled into the frame and held there. I love the play of light and shadows, which can heighten perspective if used creatively. Overcast days rarely seem to inspire me.

What inspires you?
I'm inspired by mood more than anything else. If I'm out in the wilderness and I feel good and the weather's good, it just washes over me, and I need to take pictures of everything. If I'm at a fair and it's a hot, sunny day, and the noise is deafening, it just energizes me, and I start seeing things I'd always just miss before.

What makes you laugh?
What makes me laugh? Wow. So much. And so many things some people might find inappropriate:) There's humour (Canadian spelling, eh?) everywhere, and it doesn't have to be meant in a mean-spirited way to be funny, even if it's satire. I have an ear for
sarcasm and dry humour.
More generally though, cats make me laugh.


Thank you Bob for taking the time to share a bit about
you and your work!
You may view his Etsy shop

No comments:

Post a Comment