Monday, April 19, 2010

Art Studio / Home Office

I cannot tell you how happy I am that my new Art Studio is finished. Every morning the light pours in this bright and cheerful room and provides me with so much inspiration for the day! In the center of the room I created a custom island with wide shelves. I designed it specifically to store my watercolor paper which is 26" by 40". It is movable with casters on the bottom,
so I can place it anywhere in the room.
Art Studio/ Work space
Remember this pegboard post? I created a large inspiration board to show my framed and unframed watercolors. I painted the pegboard the same Spring Mint color as the walls. Then I framed the pegboard with white trim for a finished look. This is the focal point of the room and the ultimate organizer.
The entire board measures 5 1/2 feet by 8 feet.
Art Studio/ Inspiration Board
I use bull dog clips hanging on S hooks to display various works in progress.
Click here to see the wall before the renovation.
Art Studio/ Inspiration Board
Over on the side of the room, I put in cabinets to store my supplies, with a dark teal/turquoise laminate top {which really looks like granite}.
Click here for before shot.
Art Studio/ Work Space
In this post, I mentioned we were taking a trip to IKEA. My desk is made up of two Vika Artur trestles and a nice glass beveled edge top. I love my Jules swivel chair as well. Featured on the wall is my original watercolor dress painting.
Art Studio/ Watercolor Painting
Another IKEA purchase that holds and protects my prints is the Alex drawer unit on casters. On top I have my new Hp wireless scanner and copier which I love. I picked a beautiful light wood flooring. This cleans well {in case I spill some paint} and is functional with all the movable furniture in the room.
Art Studio/ Work Space
I am big on organization. The fabric bins on my desk come from
Momfetti and Target.
Art Studio/ Work Space
My best-selling "Summer Breeze" giclee on canvas brings color to the room. These are great to place in a stand on your favorite table, or hang on the wall.
Thank you for coming by!
More ways to follow BB&B
such as my large giclee on canvas: "Caribbean Time".

No comments:

Post a Comment