Thursday, November 12, 2009

Living in Argentina

walls : grey, floor : black, column : gold, lamps : 6, accent colour : coral
wow ! what a glamorous eclectic mix !


Buenos Aires, the Paris of South America


curtains used as closet door and room divider


countryside house in Argentina (reminds me of a "maison de campagne" around Fontainebleau)


All above beautiful images and many more can be found in this book :



available via :
Amazon.com (19.79 USD)
or
Amazon.de (19,99 Euro)


I browsed this book online here because my blogger friend N. was so excited about Buenos Aires after she spent a couple of weeks in Argentina. And I heard other people saying that Buenos Aires is a mix of Paris and Barcelona. So I got curious and checked this book by Taschen (language: German, English, French) which of course is not a travel book but purely about interiors. However, these eye-candies make me want to travel to Argentina right away.

And that's what the editor says (summarized): Argentina considers itself the most European of South American countries as Argentineans have a strong connection to the old world. When it comes to decorating, they have a great talent for bringing together the old and the new, with subtle touches of color and rich textiles.

FYI : in case you order this book or any other product via my amazon links I receive about 5% commission through their associate program. In this case about 50 cent ... so if you order 10 copies, it would buy me a coffee !! (ha ha! thanks !)


Photo source: Taschen

No comments:

Post a Comment